Saturday, 26 July 2014

When creativity left me in the lurch

Click on this e-news to read it at full size
There's nothing like health issues to deprive one of what normally flows with ease. So it has been for me since preparing for the two exhibitions in West Yorkshire and then Shropshire. My dear and supportive husband ill for most of the time, and then I discover I have breast cancer. Whilst waiting for hospital dates for a mastectomy, and worrying about RQ (husband), I lose all sense of motivation. Work sits awaiting my attention. How ridiculous is this, when normally thoughts overflow, baskets are piled high with fabrics, the camera records ... Tonight, pulling myself together, I play with a new style of personal e-news .... I need to move on.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Good luck with the surgery. It's not really surprising that you have lost your sense of motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you well with your op, Ann and hope you don't feel too unwell. I really like the style of this post, the combination of ammonites and words, and the thoughtful addition of where to find information about fossils . Don't feel obliged to post if you are not in the mood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ann,
    I'm so sorry you have to go thru this. Wishing you quick recovery and health to you both. Best to take care of self and do what you must to feel better.

    ReplyDelete